Monday, December 19, 2011

Ivory & Gold Christmas Gift Bag

Hello! It's Theresa posting today, showing you how to turn a plain craft store gift bag into an elegant Christmas gift bag. 

I started by stamping the tree, from A Very Merry Christmas, with Versa Mark ink and heat embossing with Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder. 

I used my Copic markers to shade in the tree, starting with Y17. 

Then I filled in the foliage with Y21. 

I used RV13 on the apples and fillers. 

Then added RV11. 

For the pot, I used E35. 

Blended with E53. 

And filled in with E51. After coloring, I cut out the image. 

I cut a piece of Pure Luxury Ivory card stock, with Petite Oval Nestabilities and sponged with Memento Cantaloupe ink while still in the die.
I layered with Pure Luxury Metallic Gold card stock, cut using Scallop Petite Oval Nestabilities. I also cut another piece of ivory card stock, slightly smaller than the overall dimension of the gift bag, along with another gold piece slightly larger. The ivory layer was embossed with a Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder.

The sentiment is from Light of the Season, and is also embossed with gold. I used regular Large Oval Nestabilities to cut out the sentiment and scallop oval to layer with gold. I used Pop Dots to adhere the layers and added gold edged organdy ribbon & gold brads to accent.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. Thank you!
Theresa

Products I used on this project...


2 comments:

Dotti's Hobbies said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for the tutorial! Merry Christmas!

Алексровер Анна said...

Хотя Новый год позади, но эта блестящая идея пригодится в будущем! Мне нравится благородный колорит и композиция!