Saturday, November 13, 2010

Whimsical Autumn


To purchase this stamp set online, click here.
To see ideas from the Design Team, click here. 
To see more samples of this stamp set in our StampTV gallery, click here.



Card Sample by the Illustrator



************************************************************************************

A Note from Carolyn King about her stamp sets for Alzheimer's Association:

In Loving Memory Of Clare Lyons "Mamo"
September 26, 1916 - July 1, 2008

For those of you who read my blog, you know that my grandmother passed away in July. I wrote about it here. What you may not know is that for the past 12 years of her life, she was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.

After she was first diagnosed, she moved into my parent’s house where I was living with my daughter. I saw first-hand how devastating this disease can be. I saw my grandmother go from a completely independent and meticulous women to a completely dependent person who lost all of the wonderful memories her life created.

In many ways, my family has been saying goodbye to my grandmother for years...as her energy diminished, her weight plummeted and the memories of her life were erased from her mind. I had just finished drawing the images for this set when I received a call from my mother telling me that my grandmother passed away.

Although part of me was rejoicing because she suffered too long…the selfish part of me was wishing for just one more visit...After returning from Pennsylvania and getting back to work—I had a resurgence of energy for this new set. I decided the best way for me to honor my Grandmother’s memory was to give back.

And so, 100% of my proceeds from this set will be sent to the Pennsylvania Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Always.

1 comment:

Crafty Math Chick said...

I really adore this card Carolyn! Pumpkins and apples always hold a special place in my heart (I am teacher and my husband calls me 'Pumpkin') and I love the way you have the squirrel on top of the apple basket - we are having a difficult time keeping one away from the new birdfeeder in our backyard right now, so this card really appealed to me. Thanks for illustrating such an adorable set! I think it is wonderful that the proceeds went to Alzheimer research.